Friday, January 23, 2015

Meal planning 101

The system that has worked well for the Ison Bistro is planning for meals a week ahead...usually that's on my to-do list on Friday...I have a working document in Google docs which my husband has access to (so that he knows what's on the menu..) and I have different themes for each day of the week just to make sure we have a variety (otherwise I'm liable to just cook chicken all the time!) of foods and cooking styles...for this season, we have: Meatless Mondays, Turkey Tuesdays, Wet n Wild Wednesdays, Terrific Three Thursday (Pork, Lamb, Beef), Fishy Fridays, Stir Fry Saturdays  (was previously Soups, Salads and Stews but that didn't work too well..) and Slow Cooker Sundays...

And with a husband who's rather easy going and eats almost everything, I'm free to pick whatever recipes that catch my fancy and choose 7 main dishes within the different themes...I usually cook for 4 persons...my husband and I have that meal for dinner and pack the rest for lunch the next day..so effectively I only need to cook once a day...'leftovers' sound so...unappetizing....in my mind, there're not 'leftovers' if I planned to cook and eat them! They are 'just nice'!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment